Welland Valley CC’s club championships is heading for the halfway stage, with seven of the 17 scheduled events having taken place on local time trial courses, ahead of tonight’s InterClub TT with our friends Rockingham Forest Wheelers.
Riders also compete in one of five divisions sponsored by Cox Automotive, which operates the Bruntingthorpe Proving Ground, near Lutterworth. In addition to supporting the club’s time trial programme, Cox Automotive is also hosting road races and junior Whizz Kids events at Bruntingthorpe.
In the club championships, each rider’s best nine scores – from a maximum of 17 events – will count towards the divisional standings.
- In the Premier Division, veteran Phil Rayner leads the field after seven events with 313 points. Hans van Nierop is in second spot on 310 and Tim Smith third on 300, but with two fewer rides.
- Division One leaders are Adam Robinson 341, Graham Doe 296 and Simon Dixey 293.
- Ian Waterfield heads Division Two on 334; with Linda Hubbard 307 and Simon Ward 271
- Division Three sees Sean Brown and Stuart Haycox out front on 291; ahead of Milly Pinnock 267.
- Teenager Ben Brant leads Division Four on 313; with Vic Barnett 267 and Debbie ward 263.
In the time trial road bike category for men, Simon Dixey tops the table on 332; followed by Stuart Haycox 258 and Ben Brant 238. Milly Pinnock leads the women’s category on 332; with Debbie Ward 308 and Jill Postlethwaite 180.
In the Nev Brooks memorial trophy, Debbie Ward leads Adam Robinson and Hans Van Nierop, having completed one less event.
Standings in the 2021 TT championship and league tables:
Cox Automotive Leagues
Thank you Mike Ives for putting all the results together.
For more information check out https://wellandvalleycc.co.uk/2021-tt-championship/