With the easing of national lockdown restrictions from 29 March 2021, the Club is delighted to be able to get time trials up and running again, beginning with an event at 18:30, Tuesday 13 April on the Langtons course.
As with events last season, and whilst social distancing measures are still required, there will be some changes to how Club events are managed. The updated WVCC Covid-19 Time Trial protocol can be found here. Please take some time to have a look at this document, it is vitally important that we continue to adhere to Government and CTT guidelines.
So, what are the important things that I need to be aware of for this season?
- Each time trial (except for Boxing Day) will count towards the Club Championship. There will be no separate Evening-10 series this year.
- The N&DCA event on Saturday 24 April will count towards the Club Championship. To encourage new people to try an N&DA event, a WVCC member who enters this event and who has not raced an N&DCA event before will NOT have to pay an entry fee for their next WVCC Time Trial. Entry for the N&DCA event is via the Cycling Time Trials (CTT) website which can be accessed here (https://www.cyclingtimetrials.org.uk/race-details/21931). THE DEADLINE TO ENTER THIS EVENT IS 13 APRIL.
- The rules for the Club’s Road Bike Championship have been extended. In line with national guidelines, riders are no longer permitted to ride with their forearms resting on the handlebars (so-called ‘puppy paws’). The amended Road Bike criteria can be found via this link (https://wellandvalleycc.co.uk/road-bike-tt-competition/).
- Competitors still need to enter events via SignUp Genius. Signup will go live a week prior to the event and close 24-hours before the start time. A start sheet will be published online in advance of the race. THERE WILL BE NO ENTRY ON THE LINE.
- PAYMENT WILL BE AT THE EVENT ONLY AND NO CASH WILL BE ACCEPTED. Bring a bank card for contactless payment. (Members £5, non-members £6, U18 £3).
- Race numbers will be issued on a race-by-race basis. We will not be issuing each rider with a personal number for the season this time around.
- Marshals will continue to be briefed remotely by email in the week prior to the event, however this season they will need to come to the ‘Meet Point’ to collect signs, flag and high visibility jacket. These will need to be returned to the ‘Meet Point’ at the conclusion of the event. PLEASE COME IN A VEHICLE AS GIVING OTHER PEOPLE LIFTS IN A VEHICLE WILL NOT COMPLY WITH LOCKDOWN RULES.
- There are Covid-protocols required for the availability of toilet facilities at time trials. We aim to have suitable protocols in place for events from Naseby onwards (where possible). However, TOILETS WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE AT THE LANGTONS TIME TRIALS IN APRIL. All members must be aware of the negative impact on the Club if seen to be relieving themselves in full public sight and should expect to be disqualified from the current and future events if that occurs.
- All members are required to complete one Marshalling duty per season, with racing members being expected to Marshal two times. Please register for a slot on SignUp Genius using this link, if you have not already done so.
- A series of four time trials and a series of four road races are being held at the Bruntingthorpe Proving Ground. These events will be managed under insurance provided by TLI. Further communication on this will be made very soon. Competitors who wish to enter these events will become familiar with the term TLI.
- NO REAR LIGHT = NO RIDE for all time trials.
- Further regular communication will be made via the Club website and Facebook page.