We’re staging the events throughout July and August at Bruntingthorpe Proving Ground – in partnership with our hosts Cox Automotive.
The races and TTs are for club members of all shapes, sizes, speeds and experience; with the added bonus of taking place on glorious traffic-free circuits. There will also be exciting Whizz Kids sessions on the go-kart track.
The Team Race Nights feature Fast, Brisk, Steady and Novice races. Depending on your ability and experience, you’ll be put in the appropriate race with four or five team-mates to battle it out with other closely-matched teams; which guarantees a highly competitive evening’s racing.
The time trials will be over a 10 mile distance and are an ideal opportunity for TT newbies to ‘have a go’ without worrying about the usual cars, junctions, horses and dog-walkers found on public roads.
So settle back, watch this video and get into race and TT entry mode.
To ensure you don’t miss out on any of the high-octane fun, grab your computer / smart phone and spring into action as follows:
- The TTs and team race nights will be run under TLI Cycling* rules and regulations. That means you’ll need a TLI licence to take part (https://www.tlicycling.com/membership/ )
- You need to get your licence in advance. It costs £20 for adults (that’s age 16 and over), and £10 for under 16s. The good news is, you’ll be quids-in because after you have bought your licence, the race fees are just £4 per event.
- Even better you can buy a season ticket in advance for £20 and enter as many of the 8 events you wish. You will need to pay for you season ticket at least 2 days before first event.
- There are no race fees for juniors and under 16s.
- The link to sign up for the events is here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/5080a4ca8ab2aa5f94-bruntingthorpe3
You can get your licence at TLI Cycling It takes only a few minutes to sort out. And not only will it allow you to take part in our Bruntingthorpe extravaganza, but you’ll also be able to enter any TLI open event and you’ll get 12 MONTHS’ FREE PUBLIC LIABILITY INSURANCE which covers you when out training or taking part in official cycling events.
Bruntingthorpe entries are live now, so please get your TLI licence as soon as possible because spaces at the TTs and race nights are sure to be in demand and early booking is essential.
If you have any questions re TLI, or encounter any problems, please contact Chris Dainty, Phil Rayner or Jon Durnin.
If you need a reminder re the dates and fees for our TTs and team race nights, visit https://wellandvalleycc.co.uk/bruntingthorpe-event-fees/
Details on the summer Tuesday evening Whizz Kids events will be managed in the usual way. You DO NOT need a TLI licence for these events.
Finally, a massive ‘thank you’ to Cox Automotive for allowing the club back onto the Bruntingthorpe track.
* TLI Cycling is a voluntary sports organisation, supporting cycling clubs in the UK, the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man, to organise competitive cycling events for all ages. It is run on a not-for-profit basis entirely by unpaid volunteer members, with any surplus cash being used to maintain, improve and develop TLI Cycling’s activities. TLI provides the insurance the Club requires to run these events.