With club membership spanning two British Cycling regions, Sunday saw Welland Valley members competing in both the East Midlands and the Central and Eastern regional championships.
East Midlands Championships
The Leicestershire Cyclocross League hosted the East Midlands championships in the beautiful surroundings of Misterton Hall. The venue had recovered well from the league race in October and in spite of rain at the end of the week was not too wet, although it did cut up for the later races.
The Welland Valley results are shown below:
- U9 boys: Jacob Smith 2nd
- U12 boys: Jamie Kershaw 12th, Dan Holton 18th
- U14 girls: Mia Hopkins 4th, Brooke Traynor 5th
- U16 boys: Dom Switzer 6th, Jim Vernon 9th, Kian Traynor 17th
- Vet40 women: Nikki Traynor 10th
- Junior Men: Ben Brant 10th
- Senior men: Josh Van Nierop 17th
- Vet40 men: Hans Van Nierop 14th, Nick Horder 19th, Austin Smith 22nd, Simon Dixey 33rd, Hamish Low 38th, Nik Kershaw 39th, David Wilson 41st, Steve Coulam 43rd
- Vet50 men: Adrian Killworth 22nd
- Vet60 men: Vic Barnett 8th
See the LCXL Facebook page for some great photos of the action:
See link for full results:
Eastern & Central Regional Championships
The joint Eastern & Central regional cyclocross championships were hosted by Welwyn Wheelers CC at Stanborough Park in Welwyn Garden City. Conditions were dryer than they had been in months leading to some fast and furious racing.
The Welland Valley results in the Central region categories are shown below:
- U16 girls: Jess Ayears 3rd
- Senior men: Michael Burke 6th, Fraser Ayears 7th