The following Bike ‘n’ Beer CX/MTB off-road rides have been scheduled for the next few weeks:
- Saturday 9th November – 8am from Bridge 61, Foxton Locks – led by Kevin Mills
- Saturday 16th November – 8am – from The Shoulder of Mutton, Great Bowden -led by David Wilson
- Saturday 23rd November – 2pm – from The Old Barn Inn, Glooston (to coincide with the start of the Whizz Kids family ride) – led by Adrian Killworth
- Saturday 30th November – 2pm – meeting point and ride leader TBC
- Saturday 7th December – 8am from Bridge 61, Foxton Locks – led by Ray Timms
- Saturday 14th December – 8am – meeting point TBC – led by Marc Henderson
- Saturday 21st December – 2pm – from The Cherry Tree, Little Bowden – led by Richard Heald
The intention is for an off-road ride that will be suitable for cyclocross bikes as well as mountain bikes of around 2 hours. The meeting points are variable to enable us to explore more of the local bridleways, field roads, tow paths, disused railway lines and other trails. Lights are essential as we might ride through the tunnels on the Brampton Valley Way and, for the afternoon rides, delays for punctures or mechanicals could mean we get back later than planned. Some form of puncture protection is also recommended, such as self-sealing inner tubes or tubeless tyres + sealant.
Volunteers are needed to plan routes and lead rides.
Please contact Adrian Killworth – email@example.com – if you can lead one of the rides, for more information or with your mobile number to be added to the Bike ‘n’ Beer WhatsApp group.