Bike ‘n’ Beer CX/MTB off-road rides are back on Friday evenings until the end of September – all meeting at 6.30pm for a 6.45pm start:
- Friday 23th August – Shoulder of Mutton, Great Bowden – led by Adrian Killworth
- Friday 30th August – The Chandlers Arms, Shearsby – led by Jon Durnin
- Friday 6th September – The Swan, Kibworth – led by Neil Doherty
- Friday 13th September – The Cherry Tree, Little Bowden – ride leader TBC
- Friday 20th September – Bridge 61, Foxton Locks – ride leader TBC
- Friday 27th September – The Kings Head, Smeeton Westerby – ride leader TBC (followed by a pie and a pint)
The intention is for an off-road ride that will be suitable for cyclocross bikes as well as mountain bikes of up to 2 hours. The meeting points are variable to enable us to explore more of the local bridleways, field roads, tow paths, disused railway lines and other trails. Volunteers are needed to plan routes and lead rides. Lights are essential as the nights draw in and we might ride through the tunnels on the Brampton Valley Way. Some form of puncture protection is also recommended, such as self-sealing inner tubes or tubeless tyres + sealant.
Please contact Adrian Killworth – firstname.lastname@example.org – if you can lead a ride, for more information or with your mobile number to be added to the Bike ‘n’ Beer WhatsApp group.