This year’s Welland Valley Sportive promises to be the biggest and best ever – with a choice of five stunning new routes for 2019.
There are rides to suit all preferences, with two challenging road routes of 100k and 60k; two off-road trails of 60k and 30k; and a 17k off-road family ride (see Google maps for full details).
All rides have electronic timing, are fully signed and have mechanical / broom wagon support.
Once again the sportive HQ is The Langton Brewery, Thorpe Langton, where a free beer (or soft drink) awaits all finishers.
Now in its sixth year, the Welland Valley Sportive has two main aims:
- to raise funds for the amazing work done by Macmillan Cancer Support, with all proceeds from entry fees, sponsorship and refreshments going to the Market Harborough branch of Macmillan; and
- to encourage people of all ages and abilities to get out on two wheels and experience the amazing scenery around the Welland Valley.
With the exception of the Family Ride, entry costs £25 in advance (or £20 for Welland Valley CC members) or £30 on the day. The family ride costs £10 per adult and £5 for each additional rider.
Macmillan sponsorship forms are available on line, together with hints and tips on getting your friends and family to support Macmillan’s amazing work in and around Leicestershire.
Your entry fee gets you:
- Challenging fully-signed courses
- Electronic timing
- Free parking
- Free feed station on the road routes and longer off road route
- Finishers’ medal for under 12s
- ‘Broom wagon’ patrol for any technical support or transport
- Free beer from the Langton Brewery at the finish (or a soft drink if you prefer)
- Rider goody bag
The sportive HQ will be open from 7.30am, with riders setting off in groups from 8am. Teas, coffees and bacon rolls will be on sale before the start.
At the end of the sportive, riders are invited to meet up with family and friends to chill out in the delightful surroundings of Grange Farm and the Thorpe Langton Brewery. A warm welcome, a bar, barbecue and live band will be there to help you while away the afternoon, and there will be a raffle for one of six bottles of Two Birds Gin.