Following the club night in January, we are going to post some highlights of Peter Riley’s presentation during the next few months, starting with the clubs formation.
On 27th June 1927, a General Meeting was held at the Adult School, Coventry Road, Market Harborough for the formation of a local amateur cycling club, with the objects of touring, racing etc.
- Mr. H. Leach was elected as Chairman.
- General details were passed at the meeting.
- The club is to be called Welland Valley Wheelers.
- Club colours are black and gold.
- Officials and Officers were elected by ballot.
- At a subsequent Committee meeting the fee for joining the Club was set at one shilling (5p) and the subscription for half a year set at one shilling and sixpence (7½p)
Peter is keen to hear from members and friends interested in capturing the Club’s history – contact Peter via firstname.lastname@example.org