Forget all the talk about England v Tunisia, the big fixture this week is Welland Valley CC v Rockingham Forest Wheelers on Tuesday evening, 7pm start.
The challenge goes back over many decades, and also forms Round 6 of the Club Championship.
This year’s event is over 25miles on the valley Middleton circuit, first rider off is at 7pm. HQ is at RFW’s Club house (LE16 8YP). Route of the course is available here from Garmin Connect.
A couple of important points to note:
- The start line is half way round the course on the outskirts of Medbourne on the road to/from Drayton. You will need to allow at least 15 minutes to ride to the start at an easy pace. Don’t be late.
- For those unfamiliar with the course, it passes through a number of villages and riders must take extreme care re parked cars and other hazards associated with a built-up area.
- The road down past the school in Middleton on the way to Bringhurst is rough in parts.
- Sign on will be open from 6pm and the weather looks good.
- Last but not least, we are hoping to barbecue a few burgers and hand out a few complimentary drinks for riders and marshals / timekeepers at the end of the event.
#letsbehavingyou #wvcc #rfw