Next Saturday is the 16th annual Welland Wonders event, which this year will run in memory of the long term organiser Mike Vybiral.
As in previous years the event is governed by Audax UK, a long-distance cycling club which provides insurance, documentation and handles the entries. New for this year is the 200km ride which includes ‘Terrace Hill’, one of ‘Britain’s 100 Best Climbs’, and views of Belvoir Castle.
Four bike rides with start and finish at the Husbands Bosworth Millenium Sports Pavilion, on the left, 300 metres west of Husbands Bosworth (towards Lutterworth), from 8.00am onwards. HQ will open at 7.30 am.
The rides, on quiet country roads, are intended to be leisurely – certainly not races. They are organised under the umbrella Audax UK, a long-distance cycling club which provides insurance, documentation and advice.
There are four routes, nominally 50, 110, 160 and 200 km. (33, 68, 100 and 125 miles). They are not signed so you need to be prepared! Check the routes online or manually. There are links below to route sheets, online maps and gpx files to make preparation easier.
Special measures include:
- Competitors MUST NOT attend the event if they are feeling unwell in ANY way
- An elevated heart rate or an exceptionally quick-to-react heart rate during warm up can suggest an underlying asymptomatic illness of some kind. If this happens to you, DO NOT start the race. A refund will be provided in these circumstances.
- Entry to the building will be solely for signing on or for the use of toilets. Riders are asked to change in their vehicles or elsewhere and not to use the hall for socialising. Please stay outside as far as possible.
- Riders are asked to wear masks whilst inside the building.
- Hand sanitiser will be available for use at signing on.
- Refreshments will be available and will be served for consumption outside.
- Payment for catering will be by card/phone. Cash will not be accepted
For all the details, including entry please see: https://wellandwonders.uk/
Entries are allowed on the day and payment will be accepted by card.
For more information please contact John Welsford (firstname.lastname@example.org)