Following the decision by Audax UK to sanction calendar Audaxes from 1st September onwards (subject to their COVID19 protocols and Risk Assessment), Welland Valley CC is delighted to announce that entries are open for the Welland Wonders Audax on 19th September 2020.
This is the 15th annual Welland Wonders event. As in previous years the event is governed by Audax UK, a long-distance cycling club which provides insurance, documentation and handles the entries.
Three bike rides with start and finish at the Husbands Bosworth Millenium Sports Pavilion, on the left, 300 metres west of Husbands Bosworth (towards Lutterworth), from 8.00am onwards. HQ will open at 7.30 am.
The rides, on quiet country roads, are intended to be leisurely – certainly not races. They are organised under the umbrella Audax UK, a long-distance cycling club which provides insurance, documentation and advice.
There are three routes, nominally 50, 110 & 160km. (33, 68 & 100 miles). They are not signed so you need to be prepared! Check the routes online or manually. There are links below to route sheets, online maps and gpx files to make preparation easier.
Special measures include:
- Please arrive with mask & pencil
- No catering at HQ. However, refreshment is available along the routes.
- Please observe social distancing
- WC access limited to 3 units, each one in one out with mask
- All controls will be information controls where riders record a code at each control.
- Please start promptly after collecting your Brevet card.
- Give your entry number to the gatekeeper/timekeeper as you start your ride
For all the details, including entry please see: https://wellandwonders.uk/
Please note that there will be no entries on the day.
All proceeds go to charity. More details (including routes) etc available here. Entry for all rides is £8 (£8.50 using PayPal), plus £3 insurance if required.
Club members – we do need some help on the day, particularly in the morning. If you can help, please let Mike Vybrial know.
For more information please contact Mike Vybiral.