Here we go……..the first 10 mile TT of the season kicks off in the Langtons this Tuesday in the Evening 10 Series.
It’s the ideal course for experienced riders and TT novices alike, with quiet roads, smooth tarmac and a gently undulating profile.
You don’t need a TT bike / skinsuit / or disc wheels to take part. Around 40 per cent of competitors will be on bog-standard road bikes and will contest their own competition. New for 2019 is the Nev Brooks Memorial Trophy – more details on this here.
HQ is the community centre at Church Langton; with registration open from 5.30pm and the first rider off at 6.30pm from the start in Thorpe Langton (a c5 minute ride away).
Please note the following important info:
- Riders will leave at 30 second intervals.
- All riders should display a working rear light.
- All riders must stay on the correct side of the road for the right hand turn in Welham. Cutting the corner will result in disqualification.
- Riders will have to ‘self navigate’ the left hand turn on the outskirts of Medbourne (there will be an arrow) and the left hand turn to Slawston c400m later (there will be another arrow). If you’re not sure where this is; then ask at signing-on.
- Left hand turns at Welham, Weston by Welland, Slawston and near Cranoe will all be marshalled.
If you would like an early start number, please email firstname.lastname@example.org