7pm, Thursday 24th January 2019. Canvas Café Country Bumpkin Yurts, Waterloo Cottage Farm, 34 Harborough Road, Great Oxendon LE16 8NA.
Hosted by TrailMed
Cardiopulmonary exercise testing, often abbreviated as CPX, CPEX or CPET, is now the ‘gold standard’ objective tool for the evaluation of VO2 Max, Cardiopulmonary function and fitness. It is an entirely non-invasive and objective method of assessing the exercise response of the pulmonary, cardiovascular and skeletal muscle systems. These are not adequately measured individually, hence CPET evaluates the way in which your heart, lungs and circulation simultaneously respond to exercise.
Cardiopulmonary exercise testing adds important additional information to that provided by a standard exercise test. Due to the ability of a CPET to objectively assess breath by breath gas analysis (via a facemask), a multitude of objective exercise indicators can be collected that simply cannot be ascertained using a normal treadmill or alternative forms of exercise testing.
What information will be analysed?
· 12 LEAD ECG (RESTING AND EXERTION)
· LUNG FUNCTION: SPIROMETRY AND LUNG VOLUME FLOW LOOPS
· OXYGEN CONSUMPTION DURING EXERCISE
· VO2 MAX· ANAEROBIC THRESHOLD (LACTATE THRESHOLD)
· METABOLISM DURING EXERCISE (FAT VS. CARBOHYDRATE BURNING)
· CARDIAC AND RESPIRATORY FUNCTION DURING EXERCISE
The venue is https://countrybumpkinyurts.co.uk/canvas-cafe/