Ahead of this weekend’s racing, last weekend saw Welland Valley CC riders racing Cyclocross, Time Trials and Road Races up and down the country.
Round 1 of the Central Cyclocross League organised by Team MK at the Milton Keynes Bowl saw Louis Jakobson win the Junior Male race. Well done Louis!
- Huw Wilson was 11th and Joel Ayears 22nd in the U14 boys race
- Jessica Ayears was 4th in the U16 girls race
- Fraser Ayears was 11th and Tom Medley 20th in the Senior Mens race
- James Moore was 4th, Hans Van Nierop 18th and David Wilson 70th in the Vet Mens 40-49 race
- Sarah Vigrow was 32nd in the Vet Women 40-49 race
- Julian Bradbury was 25th, Vic Barnett 27th, Adrian Killworth 48th and Andrew Ayears 54th in the Vet Mens 50+ race
Well done to all the riders (and to whoever was on bike cleaning duty in the Ayears household!)
After racing at the MK Bowl on Saturday, Victor Barnett raced Round 2 of the West Midlands Cyclocross League organised by Solihull CC at the Heart of England Centre, winning the Vets 70 race. Well done Vic!
- Florence Switzer was 5th U10 girl
- Luke Jones was 16th U12 boy
- Dominic Switzer was 4th U14 boy
On Sunday 16th September, James Moore, Rob Moore and Phil Rayner raced the final event of the LVRC Percy Stallard Series, the St Ives/Plastribution Road Race organised by St Ives CC. James was 8th and Rob 18th in the AB Race, and Phil was 5th in the CD race.
Also on 16 September, Michael Burke came 17th in the Nateby Classic Road Race, and Bunny came 9th in the LVRC Kenilworth Wheelers EFGH Road Race.
Finally, there Club members in action in a number of Time Trials over the weekend.
- James Lowe was 4th at Ratae RC’s Smeeton Westerby Hill Climb (aggregate time of 4:33).
- Jack Boscence was the fastest juvenile rider at Saturday’s Northampton & District Cycling Association 10 mile Time Trial organised by on the F15/10 course at Brogborough. Matt Plews was 19th overall (23:10), and Loz Cox 28th (24:04)
- Helen Talbot was 4th fastest lady and 61st overall (24:55) at the Klin Cut Apparel 10 mile TT on the K10/10 course near Rugby.
- Simon Ward was 20th at the Bourne Wheelers 25 TT on the Donington to Sleaford C25/35 course (1.11.29).
Well done to all who raced last weekend, and good luck to all this weekend.