- The series started in 1992. The series was originally called “The Inter Club Mountain Bike Summer Series“. WVCC was a founder member club.
- Name changed to FNSS to attract more riders
- 28th year this year – 2nd oldest MTB series in the world (the world champs are a year older!)
- Run by one of our sponsors – Neil Holman of George Halls Cycle Centre
- Friday evenings from May to August (as Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday evenings were already taken by club events).
- Sign-on and course inspection 6pm-7pm
- 7.15pm start – 4 starts by category 1-2 mins apart.
- 50-60 minutes + a leader lap – similar to a cyclocross race. Everyone finishes on the same lap after the winner has crossed the line.
- Non-BC. Insured by NFU to keep the cost down.
- All levels of riders
- Most of these venues are on private land, so riding is not permitted at other times.
- MTBs only.
- Most race on hardtails
- No spare bikes, no pits, no bike changes
- Entry on the line is standard.
- Age and gender categories from 12 years to 60 years +
- Fill in form at first event – Entry Form – and then keep your number – which also contains your timing chip. The number is attached to the front of your bike.
- £12 adults, £5 under 16s
- No BC membership needed
- Results, times and lap times posted overnight and available on Facebook the next morning
- Best 6 results to count for the series
For Further Details see FNSS MTB Racing Facebook Page –https://www.facebook.com/groups/FNSSMTB