View the 2019 Club Calendar to see all Welland Valley CC events.
Links to the results for the Club Championship and Evening 10 TT Series can be found below (with thanks to club member Mike Ives for his technical wizardry to create and publish these online results)…
The main results index page, with links to all of the results and league tables, can be found here
Or jump straight to what you’re looking for using the links to the individual events plus the different categories and league tables below…
Alternatively, if you’re looking for the club marshaling rota, then it’s available from this page
2019 Club Championship
The Club Championship is open to all categories and in 2018 will be contested over eleven events, with the best six results to count. In each category the fastest rider scores 60, 2nd scores 55, 3rd 51, and then 48, 46, 44, 42, 40, 39, 38, etc
In addition to the Overall Championship there are medals in the various categories for Ladies, Juveniles, Juniors and Veterans. The Veteran section is calculated using the ‘standard’ handicap system. Veteran competitions will be open to those aged 50 or over.
There is also a Men’s and Women’s Club Championship for road bikes, based on results ridden on road bikes in Club Championship events.
- Event 1 – 9th March – 5 mile hard TT – Stockerston
- Event 2 – 16th Mar – 9.5 mile hard TT – Medbourne
- Event 3 – 23rd Mar – 20 mile hard TT – Medbourne
- Event 4 – 28th Apr – 25 mile TT – Kibworth
- Event 5 – 12th May – 25 mile TT – Kibworth (Armstrong & Hunter cups)
- Event 6 – 19th Jun – 25 mile TT – Middleton (Interclub with Rockingham Forest Wheelers)
- Event 7 – 9th July – 10 mile TT – Kibworth
- Event 8 – 4th August – 20 mile TT – Naseby
- Event 9 – 8th September – 25 mile TT (Timson Cup) – Lubenham
- Event 10 – 22nd September – The Hill Climb, Glooston/Cranoe
- Event 11 – 6th October – 5 mile dash TT – Church Langton
Standings in the club championship and league tables:
Standings for the Market Harborough Sports and Injury Clinic Leagues will be posted after the 4th event.
2019 Evening 10 mile Time Trial Championship
The Evening 10 Championship is open to all categories and is contested every Tuesday from the beginning of April through to early August. There are fifteen rounds with the best nine results to count. The basis of scoring is as for the Club Championship. There is also a Men’s and Women’s Road Bike 10 mile Time Trial Championship, and a new handicapped championship, the Nev Brooks Memorial Trophy.
Rules for the Road Bike 10 mile Time Trial Championship can be found here.
Rules for the Nev Brooked Memorial Trophy can be found here.
Results for each event:
- Event 1 – 9th Apr – Thorpe Langton
- Event 2 – 16th Apr – Thorpe Langton
- Event 3 – 23rd Apr – Thorpe Langton
- Event 4 – 30th April – Thorpe Langton
- Event 5 – 7th May – Thorpe Langton
- Event 6 – 14th May – Husbands Bosworth
- Event 7 – 21st May – Husbands Bosworth
- Event 8 – 28th May – Husbands Bosworth
- Event 9 – 4th Jun – Husbands Bosworth (+5 mile Junior TT)
- Event 10 – 11th Jun – Husbands Bosworth (+5 mile Junior TT)
- Event 11 – 25th Jun – Kibworth
- Event 12 – 2nd Jul – Kibworth
- Event 13 – 9th Jul – Kibworth
- Event 14 – 16th Jul – Kibworth
- Event 15 – 23rd Jul – Kibworth
Final league standings:
The Market Harborough Physiotherapy & Sports Injury Clinic League
The Market Harborough Physiotherapy & Sports Injury Clinic League offers the chance for all riders to compete with those of similar ability in a season long competition. The league is based around the Club Championship and comprises five divisions: Premier, First, Second, Third and Fourth.
All club members are allocated a division according to their best performance on a 25 mile time trial in the prior year, or if no time is available then a prior 10 mile time trial or failing that at the score keeper’s discretion. This means that the five divisions will each contain riders of broadly similar ability which should make for a fair competition. For more details of the system of points scoring see the ‘Championships’ section further down this page.
Based on the Club Championship, the riders in each of the five divisions score points in the same format (1st 60, 2nd 55 etc.) with the best six rounds to count.
Market Harborough Physiotherapy & Sports Injury Clinic took over sponsorship of the league from DC Research for 2019 onwards. You can find out more about Market Harborough Physiotherapy & Sports Injury Clinic by visiting their website, or by viewing our sponsors page.
Results from previous years