View the 2018 Club Calendar to see all Welland Valley CC events.
Links to the results for the Club Championship and Evening 10 TT Series can be found below (with thanks to club member Mike Ives for his technical wizardry to create and publish these online results)…
The main results index page, with links to all of the results and league tables, can be found here
Or jump straight to what you’re looking for using the links to the individual events plus the different categories and league tables below…
Alternatively, if you’re looking for the club marshaling rota, then it’s available from this page
2018 Club Championship
The Club Championship is open to all categories and in 2018 will be contested over eleven events, with the best six results to count. In each category the fastest rider scores 60, 2nd scores 55, 3rd 51, and then 48, 46, 44, 42, 40, 39, 38, etc
In addition to the Overall Championship there are medals in the various categories for Ladies, Juveniles, Juniors and Veterans. The Veteran section is calculated using the ‘standard’ handicap system. Veteran competitions will be open to those aged 50 or over.
There is also a Men’s and Women’s Club Championship for road bikes, based on results ridden on road bikes in Club Championship events.
Rules for the Road Bike Club Championship can be found here.
Results for each event:
- Event 1 – 24th Feb – 5 mile hard TT – Stockerston
- Event 2 – 10th Mar – 9.5 mile hard TT – Medbourne
- Event 3 – 25th Mar – 20 mile hard TT – Medbourne
- Event 4 – 22nd Apr – 25 mile TT – Kibworth
- Event 5 – 13th May – 25 mile TT – Kibworth (Armstrong & Hunter cups)
- Event 6 – 19th Jun – 10 mile TT – Middleton (Interclub with Rockingham Forest Wheelers)
- Event 7 – 10th July – 10 mile T – Kibworth
The next event (round #8) is on Sunday 12th August 2018 at 9:00am: 20 mile TT from Naseby
Current standings in the club championship and league tables:
- DC Research Premier League
- DC Research League 1
- DC Research League 2
- DC Research League 3
- DC Research League 4
2018 Evening 10 mile Time Trial Championship
The Evening 10 Championship is open to all categories and is contested every Tuesday from the beginning of April through to early August. There are fifteen rounds with the best nine results to count. The basis of scoring is as for the Club Championship. There is also a Men’s and Women’s Road Bike 10 mile Time Trial Championship.
Rules for the Road Bike 10 mile Time Trial Championship can be found here.
Results for each event:
- Event 1 – 10th Apr – Thorpe Langton
- Event 2 – 17th Apr – Thorpe Langton
- Event 3 – 24th Apr – Thorpe Langton
- Event 4 – 1st May – Thorpe Langton
- Event 5 – 8th May – Thorpe Langton
- Event 6 – 15th May – Husbands Bosworth
- Event 7 – 22nd May – Husbands Bosworth
- Event 8 – 29th May – Husbands Bosworth
- Event 9 – 5th Jun – Husbands Bosworth
- Event 10 – 12th Jun – Husbands Bosworth
- Event 11 – 26th Jun – Kibworth
- Event 12 – 3rd Jul – Kibworth
- Event 13 – 10th Jul – Kibworth
- Event 14 – 17th Jul – Kibworth
Current league standings:
The DC Research League
The DC Research League offers the chance for all riders to compete with those of similar ability in a season long competition. The league is based around the Club Championship and comprises five divisions: Premier, First, Second, Third and Fourth.
All club members are allocated a division according to their best performance on a 25 mile time trial in the prior year, or if no time is available then a prior 10 mile time trial or failing that at the score keeper’s discretion. This means that the five divisions will each contain riders of broadly similar ability which should make for a fair competition. For more details of the system of points scoring see the ‘Championships’ section further down this page.
Based on the Club Championship, the riders in each of the five divisions score points in the same format (1st 60, 2nd 55 etc.) with the best six rounds to count.
Economics, creative and culture specialists DC Research took over sponsorship of the league from Freeth Cartwright for 2017 onwards, and are delighted to be continuing their relationship with Welland Valley CC. You can find out more about DC Research by visiting their website, by following them on twitter or by viewing our sponsors page.
Results from previous years