Harborough Sportive 2022
21 May @ 8:00 am - 4:00 pm£25.00
About the Sportive
The annual Harborough Sportive, organised by Welland Valley Cycling Club
- Sportives are non-competitive events. Ride at your own pace
- All rides are on quiet roads or tracks through pleasant countryside
- Start & Finish at Langton Brewery, Thorpe Langton, LE16 7TU
- Sign in will be open from 7.00am and first riders will leave at 8.00am
- All riders should aim to finish by 4.00pm latest when the timing gate will close
- Routes fully signposted and ‘broom wagon’ for breakdowns or transport
- Medical support will be available at the start/finish
- Electronic timing for all riders
- Complimentary Tea and Coffee at Church Langton Community Hall all day
- Bacon Rolls, BBQ and sweet treats available to purchase
- Parking on site and toilet facilities are both free
- Consent Form will be needed for all under 18’s
- All proceeds to Macmillan Cancer Support and Thomas’s Fund
- Adults £25
- Under18s £15
- £5 reduction for WVCC members
- On-day entries available for additional £5
Online entries will open shortly, check back later
100km Road Ride [102km / 63miles / 1,140m climb]
The route is on quiet roads which provides rewarding but challenging cycling as it crosses the scenic undulating vales of East Leicestershire and Rutland.
60km Road Ride [65km / 42miles / 640m climb]
The shorter route follows many of the same country roads as the 100km route and includes many of the challenging climbs that characterise that ride.
100km Off-Road Ride [105km / 66miles / 1,229m climb]
For those with a stout heart and strong legs the 100km off-road ride allows experienced riders to conquered the rolling hills of East Leicestershire on the 60km ride with an additional 45km loop (starts and finishes at the feed station) taking you further north up through Burrough on the Hill before descending through the valleys to the east of Melton Mowbray.
60km Off-Road Ride [60km / 39miles / 457m climb]
With a mixture of single-track bridleways, byways and quiet country lanes this route provides a real challenge to the legs with some sharp ascents and lovely flowing descents to get the lungs bursting and the adrenaline pumping.
30km Off-Road Ride [32km / 19miles / 176m climb]
The shorter off-road route starts and finishes along the same picturesque single-track bridleways, byways and quiet country lanes as the longer ride.
Off-Road routes are suitable for mountain and cross bikes.