- This event has passed.
Club and Go Ride Races Round 1
7 August 2018 @ 6:45 pm - 9:00 pm
Starts at 6:45pm
Event HQ = Rockingham Raceway
We’ve got three nights of fantastic team racing this August for first claim Club Members of all abilities and speeds.
There will also be a programme of races for Under 12‘s – These events will be Go-Ride events and open to all young bike riders from any club or not in a cycling club – watch out for further posts for more details.
The Rocky Races take place at Rockingham Raceway, Corby, on August 7, 14 and 21.
It’s a closed track event, with no cars, vans, potholes or horses to worry about. And the races have been especially designed to ensure riders of all abilities can get taste of what it’s like to race in a bunch. The club is particularly keen to encourage members who have never raced before to give it a go.
- Riders will compete in teams of three or four.
- Your team-mates (who will be selected for you) will be riders of similar ability and speed.
- You will be racing only against other teams of similar ability and speed.
- Races will be c45 minutes long.
- Points will be awarded for intermediate sprint laps.
- Points will be awarded to every rider according to their finishing position at the end of the race.
- The team with the most points in your race will win.
And the rider recording the highest number of individual points over the three races will be awarded the Rockingham Trophy.
A couple of other points:
- To help riders identify their own team-mates and members of rival teams, coloured arm bands will be worn.
- All races on the night will start at the same time.
- Riders in a team can win only one intermediate sprint lap or finishing sprint (giving everyone the chance to go for glory at some time during the evening)
Important fine print:
All riders intending to race are requested to notify Chris Dainty(email@example.com) by 12 noon on the Monday before that week’s race (you can enter multiple dates on one email to save time if that helps).
THIS IS IMPORTANT and is to ensure teams can be balanced and make the racing competitive.
Riders must be first claim members of Welland Valley CC.
Riders must be 12 years + (parents of junior riders will be required to sign a consent form).
All races will start at 6.45pm prompt.
All riders must register by 6.30pm.
All riders must be present for a safety briefing at 6.35pm.
The first Rocko date (7 August 2018) is free to enter for everyone (as long as you are a Club Member).
After that it’s £6 per race.
And finally, you have to be a first claim member to take part.