By becoming a member of British Cycling you will be making an important contribution to the development of the whole of cycling in the UK, as well as benefiting from the best personal benefits available to ALL cyclists whether you ride to work or for fitness and leisure or compete at the highest level in the sport.
Your support is invaluable in making the UK the World's number 1 Cycling nation in terms of 'more people' and 'more medals' - so if you want to put something back into the whole of cycling join me and British Cycling.
Olympic and World Champion
To join British Cycling click HERE
Becoming a member of British Cycling means you are becoming part of a team that is committed and dedicated to:-
- Gold Medals: Supporting current and future Great Britain successes in International Competition including the Olympics, Paralympics, London 2012, and the Tour De France.
- Major Events: Bringing Major Cycling Events to the UK including the Tour of Britain, Grand depart of the Tour de France in 2007, Track World Cups and World Championships, European BMX Championship and Mountain Bike World Cups and the World Championships.
- Events for Everyone: Providing event opportunities for all ages and abilities from organised family rides & mass participation events through to our competitive events programme from grass roots to National Championships in seven disciplines (BMX, Cyclo-Cross, Cycle Speedway, Mountain Biking, Road & Track).
- Clubs: Providing access to over 1200 clubs catering for all ages and abilities across the whole spectrum of cycling activities.
- Young People: Supporting a network of Go-Ride coaches and community clubs dedicated to providing great cycling opportunities for young people in clubs and schools throughout the UK.
- Volunteers: Supporting the network of British Cycling volunteers working at all levels: from coaches and club officials delivering cycling in schools and local communities, through event organisers and officials, to marshals at the Tour of Britain and Tour de France.
- Coaching: Training and supporting coaches working at all levels in cycling to introduce new participants to the sport and developing the next generation of future cycling stars.
- Facilities: Developing a network of traffic-free cycling facilities across all disciplines to ensure the safe introduction to cycle sport for everyone.
- Healthy Living: Getting the whole nation active on bikes from families to those riding to work or for fitness and leisure.
Becoming a member of British Cycling means you have the opportunity to benefit from the BEST personal benefits available to ALL cyclists whatever your cycling activities involve. We have a range of membership packages from which you can access the following benefits:
- The best third party liability insurance cover provided by any national cycling organisation: Protecting you from a claim made against you by a third party. Our cover is worldwide, and has an indemnity limit of £10,000,000 - the largest offered by any cycling organisation, and, there is no excess payable by you on any claims. There is a combined racing and non-racing cover option available with Silver and Gold membership and 'a non-racing cover only' option available through our Everyday Cycling Protection Pack.
- Expert legal support and advice from experienced personal injury lawyers: Should you be involved in an accident that is not your fault. Even if you have suffered no personal injury, we may still be able to pursue your case, at no cost to yourself. We've recovered over £4.8 million for our members - in the last two years.
- Personal Accident Insurance: Providing hospital, disability and death benefits for members whilst riding your bike in the UK - only with Gold Membership.
- British Cycling website: The most comprehensive cycle sport website in the UK with over 500,000 individual visitors every month with your own members 'homepage' - all the latest news, results, photos, interviews covering all cycling disciplines. www.britishcycling.org.uk.
- Everyday Cycling website: For all your leisure, recreational and utility cycling needs including places to ride, leisure events, charity rides, what to ride, advice on kit and latest news. The site includes unique functionality such as activity logs, online challenges and buddy groups. www.everydaycycling.com.
- Classified Ads: Post free adverts on www.britishcycling.org.uk to over 20,000 cyclists on a daily basis. (£5.00 per advert for non-members).
- Bike Insurance: Access to the cheapest and most flexible Cycle insurance policy on the market. For further details and a quote go to www.bcbikeinsurance.co.uk (exclusively for British Cycling Members and Everyday Cycling Protection Pack holders. An extra fee is payable).
- Magazine: Quarterly racing calendar, including the full calendar of events, plus news and articles across all disciplines (Available only with gold membership)
- Discounts: A range of affinity benefits, from the AA, Chillivideo, Fitness First, and many, many more!
- Advice: Access to a range of training and competition advice.
- Racing: Access to a full licence (Extra fee payable).
- Can you afford not to be a member?: Join today and become part of the fastest growing Cycling organisation in the UK.
Here are a few frequently asked questions regarding British Cycling membership.
How do I become a 'British Cycling' member?
How much does it cost?
There are three levels of membership - Gold, Silver and Bronze - each with different prices for Seniors, Families, Life, Juniors, Youth and Under 12s. For full details click HERE
What benefits can I expect from being a Bronze member of British Cycling?
Membership card; provisional racing licence, allowing you to race in all Go-Race events; FOC discounts with a range of affinity benefits, including the AA, Fitness First, Chillivideo, Carphone Warehouse; access to a network of coaches and cycling development officers; access to training and competition advice.
What benefits can I expect from being a Silver member?
All benefits included under Bronze membership with the following additions: Third party public liability insurance (with an indemnity limit of £10 million and NO EXCESS); legal advice and support; access to a full racing licence; professional indemnity insurance and regular newsletter for all registered coaches and activity leaders; entry into all regional C/C and Go-race events at no extra cost (no ranking points available though).
What benefits can I expect from being a Gold member?
All benefits included under Bronze and Silver membership with the following additions: Personal Accident Insurance for incidents occurring whilst cycling in the UK at any time; four issues of the quarterly Racing Calendar magazine.
I'm a Gold member. What does my Personal Accident Insurance cover me for?
GOLD members are covered for ALL cycling at ANY time in the UK, including direct travel to and from any venue for the purposes of participating in an event organised by/or under the auspices of British Cycling. Benefits include: £50,000 cover for permanent total disability; total and irrecoverable loss of sight of one or both eyes; loss of one or both limbs; total and permanent loss of hearing in both ears; total and permanent loss of speech; £7,500 death benefit (£5,000 for U/16s and members aged 70-75); hospital cash benefit of £25 for each complete 24-hr period up to a maximum of £750. Conditions do apply.
How long will it take for my membership/licence application to be processed?
We ask that you allow 10 days for standard applications.
I am a club secretary, and need more information on the 'free Bronze' membership offer for clubs?
- 100, 40 or 20 FREE MEMBERSHIPS FOR YOUR CLUB! All clubs have been given a minimum of TEN free Bronze memberships to give away to club members who are not current British Cycling members and have not been members in the last 2 years.
- UPGRADE WITH FULL DISCOUNT A club's new British Cycling members can opt to upgrade to the superb Silver and Gold membership packages which will be discounted the full £12.50 value of a Bronze membership. This discount can also be applied to a Family membership.
- SILVER FOR ALL NEW UNDER-16 MEMBERS And for every club's most valued new members, the Under-Sixteens, British Cycling is offering free Silver memberships.
- HOW MANY FREE MEMBERSHIPS IS MY CLUB ENTITLED TO? All registered/accredited Go-Ride clubs are entitled to 100 free memberships. All clubs that will promote at least one event in 2006 (and have paid the appropriate registration fee to British Cycling) are entitled to 40 free memberships. All other affiliated clubs/teams are entitled to 20 free memberships.
- WHO SHOULD CLUBS GIVE THE MEMBERSHIPS TO? That's entirely up to the club. Why not make them part of a member recruitment drive for your club? Using the Silver package for Under-Sixteens, you could target the sport's next generation!
My membership is valid for 12 full months and runs out in 2007, but my full licence runs out at 31/12/06, why is this?
Membership is rolling, so you get 12 full months of membership from the day you join. Licences run on the calendar year and therefore all expire on 31st December of the year you take it out. If you want to renew your licence you will need to renew your membership at the same time, with any additional membership being added on to your current valid to date. (This includes all Under 12 and Youth riders who get a licence free of charge.)
I am a club member but haven't yet received my racing licence?
All full racing licences for members who are affiliated to a club are automatically sent to the club secretary. Speak to your club secretary in the first instance and then to a member of the membership services team on 0161 274 2010.
I've changed my address, what do I need to do?
I have lost my membership/licence card, how can I get a replacement?
Either send a cheque for £3 to membership services, stating you require a replacement or give us a call on 0161 274 2010 and pay £4 by CC/debit card. The same procedure applies if you change team and require a new licence.
Is my bike covered under the membership? (e.g. if it's stolen)
No you will need to take out additional bike insurance. We can advise you on where to find the best cover.
How do I subscribe to the emailed newsletter?